What's Simplified Accounting About?
Hey there my fellow entrepreneur, service provider, or tax paying citizen!
You’re probably here because you’re tired of stressing about taxes and accounting… Wondering if Uncle Sam or his often forgotten nephew is on the way to cart you off to jail… Or worse, frustrated by your current financial situation.
Let’s face it, no one likes keeping up with receipts that eventually fade, deciphering any one of the 40,000 pages of the Tax Code, or attempting to figure out what the heck you’re supposed to be doing to maintain proper business records.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone swoop in and make all your taxes and accounting simple and stress-free?
- What if you didn’t have to worry about keeping up with all those tiny slips of paper, bank statements, and email receipts for 7 years?
- What if you didn’t have to comb through all your expenses to figure out what is tax deductible with the deadline looming over your head?
- What if you didn’t have to fiddle with QuickBooks or Zoho Books (insert the accounting software of your choosing) and worry about if you single handily messed up your entire file?
- What if the only time you deal with taxes, accounting, and bookkeeping is when you meet with your accountant monthly or quarterly?
- What if I told you-you could have all of this and more?
I get it. I understand how frustrating dealing with taxes and accounting can be. You don’t know what you don’t know until you realize you don’t know. No judgment over here. There was a time when I didn’t know either. And that is why our foundation is built on:
- Education – Not knowing is stressful. It’s even more stressful when you know you don’t know. I believe in making sure you understand what’s going on in layman’s terms, good ‘ol plain English.
- Simplicity – Taxes and Accounting shouldn’t be so scary that you procrastinate to the very last minute. But, again I get it. I strive to make working with us simple. Like where’s the easy button simple. You have a lot of other things vying for your time and attention and it shouldn’t be wasted on the minutia of taxes and accounting.
- Ease of Use – In my world ease of use and simplicity go hand-in-hand. We meet you where you are most comfortable. Not tech savvy, no problem. Super tech savvy, even better. Somewhere in the middle, we’ll find the sweet spot and get comfortable.
- Trust – #PrivacyMatters. Your information is completely confidential. Always. No exceptions. I don’t sell lists. I don’t allow others to use your information or solicit you.
In a nutshell, I make taxes and accounting simple so you can focus on more important activities.
Get access to the exclusive Simplified Resource Center here
I’m Senica Evans, Enrolled Agent (EA), accountant, entrepreneur, tech lover, mother, gardener, t-shirt wearer, and avid reader. I love solving problems, deciphering the story numbers tell, and helping you get free from your numbers. I’m the Accountant’s Accountant and founder of Simplified Accounting.
How did I get here?
It was a clear sunny Spring day. The air was damp and the wind was brisk… Ok. ok. Seriously
Math was always my jam and when I turned 16 years old I was introduced to taxes and fell in love. Seriously, I did. I prepared my first return — by hand. I had the forms and the schedules and the worksheets and the publications to prepare my first return with a refund of about $100 if my memory serves me correctly.
That was all it took. I was hooked.
Fast forward to post-college. I was now an official accountant making my way in the world. I worked my way up the ladder from intern to Jr. Accountant to Tax Auditor.
Here’s where the story gets interesting.
As exciting as that was and oh the stories I could tell you, it was a complete misalignment with my character. I was shutting down small businesses sometimes at no fault of their own. I was arresting taxpayers in front of their children. I was raiding businesses. I even brought charges against accountants. It all came to head when a business owner cried a full-on cry snotting and everything because I had to close her business down. That was it!
Simplified Accounting was born. I switched sides so I could help business owners avoid the likes of the old me.
I’m here for you. I will help you understand taxes, accounting, bookkeeping, and business through articles, video training, e-courses, and the Simplified Community. I will even completely take it off your to-do list when you’re ready. Partnering with the Accountant’s Accountant will take your business to the next level.
Pssssst… There’s a super secret (well, not really) Simplified Resource Center that is packed with videos, worksheets, guides, resources, and other helpful information updated regularly that I’d like to invite you too. You’ll also get access to the exclusive monthly email with tax and accounting tips and even funny stuff. Don’t get left out.
Until next time, keep it simple.